Housing & Utility Assistance

  • From December 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021, no utility company can shut you off for non-payment.  But, you are still responsible to pay your bill in full on April 1, 2021.  

  • LIHEAP can help you fill your oil tank or help pay other utility costs this winter.  Click here to download an application or click here and we can walk you through the process.


  • If you are working with CAP to help you with utility assistance, please drop off paperwork at the Community Commons building at the side door drop box. You may also apply online at caplanc.org/utilities.

  • If you or someone you know is or will be experiencing homelessness, please call Ephrata Area Social Services at 717.733.0345. They have a trained social worker that can help.

  • Our partners at Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership are still working hard to help with any landlord or tenant concerns you may have.  Call them at 717.299.7840

If you are currently experiencing homelessness and you are in the Ephrata, Pennsylvania area, please come to the Good Samaritan winter shelter located at 21 West Locust St. Ephrata, PA  17522

Check-in is nightly from 7-8 PM.  There are beds for 6 men and 4 women.

If you are behind on rent and/or utilities due to COVID-19, go to lancasterhelp.rent to apply for assistance.

  • Print the receipt at the end to show your landlord

  • If you need to upload documents or need computer access,
    click here and we will assist.

  • Please share this information with people who may be in a similar situation.

  • Facebook
  • YouTube

©2021 by Northern Lancaster Hub. Proudly created with Wix.com